I advise clients and prepare temporary/permanent residence applications to Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada:
- Visitor visas and study permits
- Spouse, child & common-law partner sponsorship
- Parent/grandparent sponsorship
- Federal Skilled Workers
- Canadian Experience Class
- Permanent resident card renewals
I prepare clients and advocate at hearings before the Immigration & Refugee Board of Canada and Federal Court:
- Detention reviews
- Family sponsorship appeals
- Residency obligation appeals
- Criminality appeals
- Misrepresentation appeals
I prepare and accompany clients to deportation interviews at the Canada Border Services Agency. I also prepare clients for interviews with Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada at offices inside and outside Canada.
I also work with Canadian criminal defence counsel to provide opinion letters on the impact of a guilty plea or conviction on an accused's immigration status.
With knowledge of applications and litigation procedures, I effectively and efficiently advise clients in complex situations to present the best evidence to decision-makers.